RE: Re: Digest Number 226

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:48:54 -0500

|One point on this; on Earth, the myths relate to gods and things
|that, and I may be out on a limb here, did not really happen. In
|Glorantha, they DID and are REAL. You can jump into the Godswar and
|see them happening (so, really *myths* are not *stories* as they are
|on Earth, they are reality and to a large extent should be
|consistent).

But there are variant myths and aspects of Gloranthan deities (Humath, Orlanatus, etc.). There's still a large amount of ambiguity and variety of interpretation, even though you regularly visit the gods on the god plane; there's too much there for mortals to take in completely. One of the cornerstones of Glorantha has always been that different groups of people see the same things in different ways, and this affects how they interact with them.

Guy