Re: Armour of Woad; Go Without Sleep

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 10:03:58 -0700

Tim:

> "OK, The Grazers appear over the brow of the hill, they are chanting and
> waving their war lances at the sky, and look ready to charge, what are
> you doing?"
> "I want to use my 'Armour of Woad' feet to protect me from them when
> they attack"
> "You realise that you won't have time to strip off and draw all the
> intricate patterns before they close with you, - do you want to do
> something else instead?"

What's the matter, haven't you seen that fine historical movie, Braveheart? Who says (other than out of print sources) that it takes a lot of intricate designs?

> Go Without Sleep is a Babeester Gor feat from the Vigilance affinity.
>
> I think this fear is unusual in that it is normally just a simple roll,
> rather than a simple or extended contest.

If all you want to know is whether the BG initiate fell asleep, sure. But in practice, you'll be opposing it with something like a monster's Sneak Up ability, or a thief's Steal Small Item. (It is after all Vigilance magic.)

> * I don't think you can use one skill/affinity to enhance a second, then
> use that enhanced ability yo enhance a third...

I don't recall anyone here ever trying this, and I don't think it feels right, either.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein