Hero Wars comments... the why of it

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:08:27 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Guy Hoyle wrote:

> Here's a suggestion for you, Mikko, and I don't make it mockingly: you
> might be happier by taking what you can of HW and adapting it to RQ. Your
> objections to the current game don't seem to make tweaking it an option. A
> RQ/HW hybrid might be the venue for you to prove your point, albeit in a
> different forum. Or perhaps you could adapt it to another, existing rules
> system which you like more, such as GURPS, Champions, or FUDGE.

Guy, you are quite right about me. I run Glorantha on a game system I made out of GURPS, RQ and some others. But I also would like to see Hero Wars prosper, and I'm bying all that comes out with great interest. The reason I keep bringing the up the need for descriptions and detail, is that I think new GM:s will need it, and the old ones will appreciate it.   I'm trying to express my hopes for the future releases on matters that I sincearly think will help the game sell better, and will help GM:s, old and new alike, run their Glorantha games.

> HW and RQ are two vastly different games, and two vastly different views of
> Glorantha. I think we get the message that you can't live with HW. It's
> time to move on to something else.
>
> Guy

I think Hero Wars is a good solid game. It's not exactly what I'm personally after, but I recognize a good product when I see it. I also feel that like all new products it has oversights and weak spots, and I think we should try to bild on the strengths and fix what needs fixing.

I hope at least some of you see my suggestions and comments as constructive instead of destructive.

        -Adept