RE: Re: GM workload

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:03:12 +0100

> > Personally, I find that using HW requires *less* work.
>
> It certainly needs less preparation, but actually during play your
> brain needs to be faster on it's feet... so to speak... and it
> suffers more from higher numbers of players, making exchanges very
> long and confused compared to any strike rank/initiative based
> sequence. Having sequence change frequently as AP drop or rise makes
> things a bit complex. Add to that having to adjudicate on every use
> of a feat or affinity and I'd say the workload is higher, but only
> during play.

What I was uncertain of was is the sequence based on the AP you have at the start of the round or your current AP as the round progresses ?

If it is your current AP then if you are attacked before it is your turn to go your AP could go up or down potently changing the sequence of who goes when. This makes keeping track of who goes when more of an effort for the GM.