Re: FEAT:Leaping Shield

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:13:29 -0000

> I use Leaping shield as a shield wall breaker as well but as part
of
> the extended contest but the defenders get heavy improv. mods to
> defend against it unless they have something appropriate like spit
> down wind.

That's one way to do it, but the "leaping" part makes me think of it as s simple rather than an extended action

"Round 1 - I try and leap over his shield, 10 AP Bid" "He counters with close combat - Shield & Spear <rolls dice> You have a marginal victory. He uses 'Spit down the Wind' - 10AP Bid"

"I'll just use my default Magic resistance <Rolls dice>"
"He has a marginal victory, what are you doing?"
"umm...I'm still jumping..."

> Re spit down wind I am leaning more towards this as a unit used
> volley attack to defeat wind powers. This is seems to more in line
> with the Lunar &#92;Solar ideas of taking power away from individuals
> and place it with the unit&#92;mob where it can be more easily
> controlled by the leaders.

No reason why (some) regimented feats shouldn't take a penalty when used by individuals rather than as a regiment... (alternatively, give a bonus when used by the whole regiment). I'm not sure whether it should be all of them though...