Re: Digest Number 233

From: Thomas Bagwell <tnbagwell_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:25:16 -0500

> > To cap this off, all I can say is that different people prefer
> > different levels of detail, and I think that's the ultimate issue
> > this topic boils down to.
>
> Not exactly. I'm perfectly happy for a great deal of things to be left
> undefined or defined later in supplements. However, I do want what material
> is provided to be clear, flavourful, and useable. Too much of the material
> in the main book is vague, flavourless, and useless for my taste.
>
> In any case, I'd rather have fewer, longer writeups. Perhaps it's because I
> already have a basic knowledge of Glorantha.

That may be it. My knowledge of Glorantha is encyclopedic...but only in the sense that if I want to know something I have to look it up :) I like the more overview-like approach taken by the new Glorantha book, with more in-depth information given in future supplements. The overview is good for those not familiar with Glorantha, and the supplements allow them to get just the in-depth material they need.

Tom B.