Re: "Sufficient" detail

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:25:46 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Robin D. Laws wrote:

> At 05:02 PM 8/15/00 +0300, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:
>

> >I like
> >to have that detail, and am not happy with the fact that I'm not gettin
> >any guidelines as to what a given feat is supposed to do. Would you bo
> >opposed to there being those guidelines, for people like me who want
> >them? Nobody forces the people who don't like them to use 'em,
>
> Let's say Greg came out and said that, among other things,
> Snarl Darkness allows you to emit a blood-curdling sound that
> turns into a cloud of darkness that encircles the foes of the
> earth.

I'd think that sounds a bit odd, but I meight go with that.

> A player has that feat and, in a situation that comes up in
> play, wants to use Snarl Darkness to entangle and nullify the
> darkness magic of an opponent.
>
> Would you allow the player to do that?

I don't think I would allow it, if the feat was defined as above. I don't want the feats to be able to be used at exactly opposite ways (both against darkness, and as a darkness power), just because one can interpret the wording of the feats name both ways. Yet again, no scrabble (think of the translations too Robin)

> Take care >>> Robin

Pease.

        -Adept