Re: Re: "Sufficient" detail

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:53:38 +0100

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:47:24 -0000, "Thomas Bagwell" <tnbagwell_at_...> wrote:

>But, no. I don't oppose the detail being there, since as you say,
>I'm always free to ignore it. It does lead to additional work for
>me, in that anyone new to my game who knows Hero Wars will be
>assuming the feats work certain ways which may or may not match how I
>want them to work. If the feats are not detailed, then they come
>into the game -knowing- that they have to learn how I interpret the
>feats.

Knowing, in other words, that they, and so their characters, cannot predict with any accuracy, how magic their characters may have been using for years actually works. It's fine in game terms, but in world terms it's nonsense that characters don't understand how known magic works well in advance of using it.

Wulf