Re: "Sufficient" detail

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 18:35:09 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Frank Rafaelsen wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> Hero Wars doesn't work by definitions, it works by evocative language.
> Feats are not written to give you hints about what the author had in mind,
> they are written to give _you_ food for thought. Its not a flaw, it is a
> feature. It is a different way of thinking about rules. Elaborate
> definitions would defeat it's purpose.
>
> I stand ready to be flamed :)
>
> Ha en god dag!
> Frank Rafaelsen

No flaming necessary. Your vision on this is at least partially correct, and I find it quite disturbing and frustrating.   I don't see why one should treat a game world as a literary excercise. I don't want my Glorantha to feel like a story, or a TV series episode. But it sure seems that Hero Wars writers are determined to force this on me. :/

        -Adept : that worked all night and is still very tired