Re: "Sufficient" detail

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:46:04 +0100

>I don't want my Glorantha to feel like a story, or a TV
>series episode. But it sure seems that Hero Wars writers
>are determined to force this on me. :/

That's what Glorantha is. It's a story, and it's magic follows the rules of dramatic licence. If you want to run it as a simulation of a rationalisable world, then you are trying to bend it out of shape, and shouldn't expect the game system to cater to this end as a primary focus. I agree about the "TV series episode" model, though, I'm not happy with it. TV series inevitably aim at the lowest common denominator. At least, the successful ones do.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.