Re: Feats don't fail me now

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:49:44 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/00 6:48:04PM, you write:

<< Where possible, we selected terms that might be used  by both players and Gloranthans. "Feat" is an example.  But this would not be the only term Gloranthans might  use. If I recall correctly, "trick" is also used in  Morden Defends the Camp. There are probably other  synonyms. >>

I would hate to think that Gloranthans talk about 'feats' and 'affinities' in anything other than ordinary usage for the word. For magical effects they should be talking the Rune Magic of the Mighty Storm, the Battle Magic of Orlanth, an Invocation of Ernalda's Blessing , the Enchantment of Seven Folds, the Lateral Power of the Sunset Leap, the Secret of the Infernal Demon, the Summons of Evil etc.

Just IMO,

Keith N