Walktapus Poison Gas Cloud 15w

From: Ross McPhee <ross_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:24:22 -0000

Has anyone tried to use a Walktapus yet? If so what did you do about the conflicting instructions on Walktapus gas?

On the one hand it states that the gas is, "Debilitating, Lethal, Potency 20" implying (to me) that the standard poison rules should be used for all those within range (common sense filter used to determine range). That sound fine and gives the power of creature I'm looking for.

However, the write up explicitly states that, "This gas causes eyes to tear and induces nausea. Squirting gas is an augmentation action and can be done once per contest. The augmentation is a penalty applied to all the opponents who wish to attack ...". None of which actually sounds lethal (although hanging around a creature with Constrict With Tentacles 5w while you're helplessly vomiting may be), or indeed anything to worry about (PGC 15w augmenting to generate a handicap of... Well take your pick, 1-8 depending upon how lucky you feel, and remember that the augment could backfire. I'd go for 3 hoping the resistance roll fails while I critical for 6). Whatever, it's not actually that terrifying compared with how I remember RQ2 walktapus.

Alternatively, I could let the Walktapus do both attacks. My PC's may winge even though I think they could handle it (close combats range 10w-1w2 with _enormous_ edges). I'm thinking of using several Walktapus to be honest!

I realise that this may be covered in AR. I've pre-ordered my copy but it's not arrived yet and since I'm ref'ing in 20 hours time I'd appreciate any clarifications/insights people may like to offer in the meanwhile.

Thanks in advance

Ross