Re: Wealth

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 10:44:48 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/00 7:37:51AM, you write:

<< I would probably only charge an HP is someone wanted to change social  level. I'm quite happy for wealth to fluctuate quite a bit within  each 'level'. I award points for big gains at gambling, lucky finds  and such but only the odd point or two. If things go a bit quiet I  might drop the wealth rating down a point or two.

If 'wealth' were called 'income' or 'credit rating' and this was a SF genre game then it makes more sense. ie Wealth isn't your D&D style pile of Gold Pieces, it is more like the standard of living you can achieve with your resources. To increase those resources is difficult (hence the HP cost) but is more permanent. If you have a chainmail shirt then you can possibly charge more for as a mercenary, if you have 'bought' cows using 'wealth' then you probably just called in a favour, or now owe one.

Keith N