Re: Digest Number 240

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:24:19 -0000

t.s.baguley

> Under the standard contest rules if you _fail_ you can't retry
unless the
> circumstances have changed.

I.e. find somewhere else which might think you can afford it - in this case another inn. If you go to an inn and you fail your wealth rating it does not necessarily mean you don't have the coins, just that the innkeeper does not think you won't abscond without paying your bill. Fumbling probaby implies he tells eveyone else he knows to watch out for you so your wealth gets reduced.

Also remember if I go tobut a suit of armour the armourer is going to have to put in a lot of work, he's not going to do it unless he thinks that I am going to pay up - wealth rating is your creditworthiness; a normal failure indicates someone who won't accept it not that it falls.

Ian