Re: Re: Animists and ancestors

From: Henrix <henrix_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:11:20 +0200

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Ian Cooper wrote:

> Traditon aside it is also more interesting in game terms - on a day
> to day basis it does not stop the player getting a spirit they need,
> but allows plots to recover or release important spirits of the
> hierachy.

Yes, absolutely. It is a good plot device and often good game fun.

The problem being ancestral spirits. In days of yore you summoned them and they could teach you spells. Nowadays you summon them and trap them.

But, a thought just entered my brick-thick head: Perhaps we do not capture the ancestors, perhaps they help us capture other spirits?

--
Henrix