Re: Re: Grazer errata

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:53:50 -0700

> > I also add [Spirit] Tradition
> > Knowledge to the Grazer Shaman keyword on HW:RiG p. 108. (A trained
shaman
> > can lack tradition knowledge? Is this errata, Roderick?)
>
> No, it's not errata. A shaman has Yu-kargzant Tradition Knowledge (p.
> 109) or La-ungariant Tradition Knowledge (which should be on p. 112
> but is not -- I've reported this omission).
>
> Also on p.112: "La-ungariant is a Great Spirit, the daughter of
> Orest, the Earth. She bested her sister Tamar to become the First
> Wife of Yu-kargzant"
>
> But King of Sartar p.109 says Tamar is Lord of Wild Beasts. Probably
> this should have been Tara, Lady of the Wild...

Well, it's not in the on-line errata yet because I've been pretty busy but David's reported problems *will* be.

A shaman needs the [Tradition] Knowledge to treat spirits as "Inside" the tradition, and to get access to any special spirits (such as the Cloudchaser, Polestar & Starsight spirits of the Yu-Kargzant tradition).

As far as Kolating Shamans being the only Heortling version, it's not quite true - he's the only *male* shaman. There is also the Serdrosa (Earth Witch) traditioni, which is a misapplied shamanic worship of Asrelia that is open only to women. Both of these traditions have rites which "open you to your fetch" or "awaken your inner fetch" or however you want to say "allows you to be a shaman". The Chalkman and Six Sisters traditions (if they both survive editorial space-saving cuts) are "find food in sparse places" types of traditions, and have as a requirement "must already have a fetch".

RR