Re: Shamanic bargaining

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 11:49:31 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/00 2:37:52PM, you write:

<< Also take the example of a Shaman summoning spirits for the tribe (or  taking the tribe to the spirit plane) so they can refill their own  fetishes. If the shaman only has a standard 6, then his trader  buddies will be better at filling fetishes than he is, which just  sounds wrong... >>

I am happy that shamans do not have bargain as a basic ability. I do not see these crazy spirit guys as particularly good negotiators (although some of them may be), or as necessarily great spirit combatters (although they probably are), or as pretty convincing grovellers (one or two may be). They should mostly deal with spirits they know how to deal with - if they need to be bargained with then Tradtion knowledge may help the shaman know what will buy off that spirit. If he has a good bargaining ability he might be able to get a better deal.

Keith N