Re: powerful shaman

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:51:09 -0000

> I don't think it's a case that "the rules don't allow it", but that
LB has 6
> masteries or so - so a shaman would have to be a demigod/superhero
himself
> to do it. Even if LB only had 4 masteries, the shaman would have to
have the
> Spirit Combat equivalent of Harrek the Berserk's "Kill you Dead"
ability.
> Yes, theoretically a shaman *could* do it, but there is *maybe* one
shaman
> in all of glorantha that is that powerful. I'd probably put
Blueface
(from
> Griffen Mountain) in the w3 category.
>
> Roderick

And, of course, there are items and actions that help -- the equivalent of Oakfed bundles, screaming dancing throbbing hordes of minions, having just the right gifts to apease and distract the powerful spirit, and of course the help of other powerful shaman lending you their power...

But that takes work, effort and luck to pull off. I don't know what would happen if you managed to stick a Great Spirit into a fetish though. However, it might explain why some spirits are suddenly not responsive to their shaman -- historically this has occured in Glorantha, IIRC.

Jeff