Re: Advanced Magic Questions

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 22:24:16 +0200

Roderick:

> > First, questions about rituals. The Ritual Bonus Table is used to
> determine
> > the bonus from the ritual, not the bonus to the target number of the
> ability
> > used to perform the ritual, isn't it?
>
> Yes.

        Thanks. It was clear enough, but better be sure.

> A living person counts as an unique
> > item?
>
> Possibly. It depends on the role the person is taking in the ritual.

        Sacrificing a living being?

> Expense doesn't matter, applicability to the ritual/representation of the
> original myth does. A ritual might give 1 point for a jeweled crown, but 3
> for a plain ol' chicken feather, because in the myth the feather was much
> more important than the crown.

        For the sake of clarity, allow me to quibble a bit. :) The Ritual Bonus Table gives bonuses for items according to their preciousness/rarity.

> No and Yes. They don't have a ability rating in "Worship x Pantheon", they
> have the appropriate Order/Tradition/Path relationship.

        Could this possibly be an errata, or maybe a FAQ (even though it seems I'm the only person who asked it)?

> The Otherworld calls people in mysterious ways. Your parents may
> you want to
> grow up and worship Humakt, but you feel the call to Chalana Arroy... (Or
> Kolat, or...).

        Mmh... But if it calls you in a language you don't understand how are you supposed to answer?

> If they notice the difference, they will make up an explanation of why
it's
> more difficult to do their type of magic. There was a small bit on the
> website for a while of a Praxian shaman talking to worshippers of Humakt &
> Orlanth (Anyone know where it is? I couldn't find it in a quick search).

        I have it on my hard disk... I could repost it if you like.

--
Regards,
Alexandre.

"Cinq milliards de races d'hommes sur Terre,
Est-ce assez pour croiser le fer...?"