Re: Farming with Barntar or Orlanth, will we see it in print?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 01:06:53 -0000

Not if, for example, you are playing a clan based compaign and find it useful to know what most of the people in your clan can do!

and are
> often taken by Barntar and Heort among normal Orlanthi. They are so
similar
> that to write a normal cult writeup on them would be to duplicate
80+% of
> the Barntar and Heort writeups (which *are* in TR).
>
> The main difference between Barntar and Orlanth Farmer is that O.
Farmer
> worshippers are required to be part of the fyrd, while Barntar
worshippers
> are not (their place is taken by the fighting women of Vinga &
Babeester
> Gor).

Perfect, then it should only take about 2 lines, either in Orlanth or Barntar, to give this information, which should be enough to let players and narrators fudge any minor details. The point is, without these two lines, we don't know if they are almost identical to Barntar, or different in key points. In other words, please do find space to mention this sort of deltas between defined cults and undefined similar ones.