RE: Nitpicking with Nick

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:01:53 +0100

Keith wrote:

>> I also like the excellent suggestion that Tradition Knowledge >> allows a shaman to bargain with friendly spirits from his tradition.

> I like the concept except I don't think the phrase 'bargain' is the
> best one to use.

OK, "do deals with" rather than "bargain with." But the essence is the same. More importantly, the effect is that a Waha shaman trying to negotiate with a Spirit of Law rolls against his (pretty good) Waha Tradition Knowledge ability. Whereas an Issaries trader, trying to do the same, rolls against his Bargain (or whatever), but it's marked down by a hefty improvisational penalty. (Make up categories on the fly: other-planar entity, you have nothing it's interested in, etc.)

Cheers, Nick