Misapplication

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 08:18:10 -0000

OK, having decided that Misapplied Animistic worship of Serderosa/Asrelia actually suits my shaman, I studied the misapplied worship section more carefully, and, naturally, came up with some questions...
  1. As part of the Cultural keyword, all Heortlings get Worship Storm Pantheon. Does this apply to Heortling Animists, misapplied or not? They would then take part in lay-member pantheistic ceremonies. If so, can they derive any benefits from this? I'm not suggesting they could become Initiates, mixing Theistic and Animistic worship, but can they, for example, attempt Divine Intervention?
  2. Asrelia is, I assume, part of the Storm Pantheon, even if worship is misapplied. Therefore, when crossing to the Gods World, do Heortling (and therefore, culturally, Orlanthi) Spirit Talkers suffer the Dangerous (-10) or Alien World (-20) penalty? How about if they travel to the demesnes (? still have no idea how to pronounce that) of other Storm Deities?
  3. Speaking of those modifiers, only off at a tangent, have the creatures in Anaxial's Roster had them taken into account? Should the Alien World modifier be applied to all Otherworld entities appearing in the Middle World? Or has it already been applied, meaning they should have 20 ADDED to all ratings when in their 'home' world? Or, alternately, do creatures with innate abilities to cross between worlds have the 'safe' (0) modifier on all worlds they can reach?
  4. Also, the otherworld danger section keeps talking about modifiers to 'abilities'. Does this mean that Affinities, Feats, Spells, Spirits and Talents are unaffected, or has the word 'abilities' been misapplied ? :)
  5. I'm sure I already know the answer and reasoning behind this, but if a PC Spirit Talker actually goes to the Otherworld, and captures a spirit, must they still pay double HP cost? Or has the actual danger of getting the spirit covered the misapplication?

That's all for now...

Wulf