Re: Misapplication

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:17:10 +0100

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:12:09 +0200, Henrix <henrix_at_...> wrote:

>You don't get no spirits from the god plane, you get daimones ':-)
>
>I am not sure if a shaman could even capture a daimon in a fetish, much less
>integrate it.

Ah, but, Misapplied Animistic worship of a God results in gaining spirits from their false demesne (I'm getting to like that word). See the Misapplied Worship section.

>On the other hand, if a stead was haunted by a ghost I suppose a shaman would
>be the one to call, even if the ghost is the ghost of a theist.
>
>Or do dead theists never become ghosts? (Of course that happens!)

This is akin to my problem about Theistic Ancestor Worship. All those poor old ignored, uncontactable, non-Heroic theistic ancestors...

>In AR ghosts are listed as being from the spirit world. Do those unhappy
>theistic souls who do not reach their appropriate heaven (and so become
>daimones) automatically become spirits (and so belong to the Spirit World)?
>
>Argh, this is a bit confusing, sometimes...

I think the Spirit World must be the 'closest' to the Middle World (it's the easiest to get to anyway), so maybe undirected incorporeal beings just gravitate to it?

Wulf