Take 10

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 01:39:11 +0100

The option for HW of choosing to "take" a roll of 10 rather than rolling is not likely to be as useful, due to the resistance roll and the low roll wins convention - Now a "Take 5" might be useful, on the other hand! - On the whole I think deciding on what conditions need to be met, and checking them is more effort than just rolling the dice!

The "Take 20" option sounds more interesting - If time is no object then your chance of succeeding in some skills will be greatly increased - although again I think in HW the best solution is to adjust the resistance roll in these cases

Searching the room will find the key to the merchants strongbox if you beat a resistance of 15. Spending at least an hour to search methodically will lower this to 5.

--

| Tim Ellis EMail tim_at_... |
| Facts! They demanded facts from him, as if facts could explain anything!|