Re: Vingans and trollkin

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 21:12:17 -0000

I really must bring the campaign write-up up to date. She was given it
(sorry, her) as a present by a troll trader the gang helped, down in Duck Point. Being soft-hearted, they let it survive. It developed a hero-worship attitude towards its new owner (she keeps feeding it!), and decided that anything she did, it would do. Anything. Got quite embarrassing to start with... But of course when she decided to go for
Vingan initiation so did her trollkin. What's really worrying is that the trollkin managed it! (It was a PC at the time, run by the guy who usually runs the Trickster Duck.)

For some reason or other trollkin, despite making it through all the tests and ceremonies, had trouble finding a Vingan sponsor. So within 5 min of becoming a Vingan herself, the PC had her own (small) Vingan warband.

I have no idea where this is going to end up, but at least that's one NPC I can classify as "follower" rather than "ally" or "dependent" with no trouble at all!