Re: Re: various bits (the bit about shamans)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:58:54 -0700

> > On a related note: Is the Kolat keyword restricted to male worshippers
and,
> > if so, when and why did that happen?

Yes, it is so. All male heortling spirit talkers are of the Kolat tradition, all female spirit talkers are of the Serdrosa (Earth Witch) tradition. Why? because Heortling society has well-defined "male" and "female" roles (and "approved" outlets for cross-gender roles - Vinga and Nandan). It happened when we investigated the traditions more closely for Thunder Rebels.

Kolat and Serdrosa are also the only heortling traditions that can be taken as "Primary" traditions - Six sisters, Chalkman etc are all "secondary" traditions and do not have ways for spirit talkers to acquire fetches.

Roderick