Re: Mastery = basic competence

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 01:11:11 +0200

Philip Hibbs, he say:
>Mikko:
>>Herding 12 is quite enough for somebody you send out to watch over
>>the sheep. A skill of 12 means that he has experiense doing the
>>thing, and knows quite a bit about it (it's not that hard).
>
>So three days a week you fail to successfully herd your sheep, and about
>every three weeks you lose half the herd? I'm not hiring you!

Since when did HW have standard consequences for ability rolls, regardless of what you are trying to achieve how, and in what situation?

Later on you say:

>Since when did a maximum 6 pts damage ever kill anyone? And is every fumble
>a fall?

Heed your own advice. Not every fumble with a sheepherding ability means you lose half the herd.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]