Re: Digest Number 260

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:58:26 +0100

> From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
>Subject: Re: Digest Number 257
>
>>Yes. This, I believe was Greg's argument. A professional skill you have
>>been doing day-in, day-out for your whole life should be mastered.
>
>If you have been doing mostly routine chores day-in, day-out for
>oodles of years, why should you reach mastery levels? If you never
>step out of your routine, do you learn new stuff?

I'm deeply puzzled by this. Do you really think that cooking, farming, shepherding, crafting etc. are the same day-in day-out?

Thom

Thom Baguley
Human Experimental Psychology
Human Sciences, Loughborough University
Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 3TU, UK. Tel: +44(0)1509 223049 Fax: 223940
http://www-staff.lboro.ac.uk/~hutsb/