Re: Re: Get rid of ads? Opinions, please

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:03:16 +0100

>> Erm... call be a single-minded cyber-nerd but I'd
>> never even noticed the ads... So I guess they're
>> not bothering me much ;-)
>
>Clearly either you use the website to view messages (where the
>ads don't appear), or your mailer is very different to mine.

Why, does your mailer do something special to make the ads unignorable? I hadn't really noticed them either, even though Lotus Notes underlines the first URL in an email with a *flashing* green line!

I'd like to see them gotten rid of, but I can't see subscriber contributions working. Get Greg to pony up the dough, and then we could put an Issaries advert up there with links to Wizard's Attic and glorantha.com.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.