Subject: Re: Re: Get rid of ads? Opinions, please

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:46:08 +0100

> From: philip.hibbs_at_...
>Subject: Re: Re: Get rid of ads? Opinions, please
>Why, does your mailer do something special to make the ads unignorable? I
>hadn't really noticed them either, even though Lotus Notes underlines the
>first URL in an email with a *flashing* green line!
>
>I'd like to see them gotten rid of, but I can't see subscriber
>contributions working. Get Greg to pony up the dough, and then we could put
>an Issaries advert up there with links to Wizard's Attic and glorantha.com.

I hardly notice them in Eudora Light (just switched to a new version and messed up my signature setting - they should be switched off now, apologies for any inconvenienve).

I don't object to contributing to remove them, but making the payment could be much more trouble than its worth for many of us.

Thom