Re: Bob's Bison Burgers of Death

From: Graham Robinson <gjrobinson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 06:25:33 +0100

Keith N wrote :

>I work wih a lot of stock controllers and production >schedulers. If they
>occasionally fumbled at ordinary scheduling work we would >all experience
>stock outs and overstocks. We do. Thus... all stock >controllers are
absolute
>nincompoops who have a level of skill that means that >none of them can
make a
>living - nonsense.

>Are Robin Laws or Greg Stafford less then 1W games >designers because there
>are a few flaws in some of their games?

There are two possible replies to these arguments :

  1. No one has ever said that people actually have their mastery level ability in their job - many will have it in hobby skills such as Play Guitar, Know Football Trivia, whatever. Certainly Greg Stafford - if we limit masteries to one per person - would have his in Design Game Worlds rather than Design Games...
  2. These jobs are far more difficult than the unopposed roll would allow for.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson