Threat Levels was Re: (nothing to do with) followers

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 14:09:41 -0000

> I was looking at the core books last night. The examples and
> requirements for people like chiefs, warleaders and priests seem to
> indicate that everybody does not indeed have a mastery.
>
> Requirements for a priest or a warleader seemed to be in the 10w
range,
> indicating that every warrior etc does not average around 5w.
>
> -Adept

Yes. There's a list of 'typical resistances' which gives the levels of various warriors. I'd say that a Clan Champion or the like wouldn't be as nasty as a Tribal one -- unless they were the same guy of course.

I wish that that had been better referenced. Oh well. Maybe in another printing we'll see things reorg-d' and an index.

I've been using the Joe
Cottar-who's-in-the-Fyrd-and-Concerned-about-it at CC/RC 15 and Gunnar
Carl-warrior is 17+. Thrud The Weaponthane is going to be 1w-10w, but
with good equpment. Marvin The Chief's Huscarl is going to be nastier -- he and the Champion would probaly be in the 10w-10w2 range.

But that's just been my experience. And, now that my group has been playing for about 10 months (has it been so long?), many of them are not really threatened by members of the fyrd or even casual warriors... So, other menthods and threats need be applied.

Of course, there's always rituals and the like -- those Black Oak b*&%$# just did some wierd Slay Enemies ritual and a lot of other god-bothering nonsense and now all their warriors are going through the poor clanfolk like scythes -- remember its not about you, its about your clan.

And your clan, on the whole, is going to be at those typical values.

Jeff