Mastery prevalence

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 15:20:39 +0100

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:
> I was looking at the core books last night. The examples and
> requirements for people like chiefs, warleaders and priests seem to
> indicate that everybody does not indeed have a mastery.
>
> Requirements for a priest or a warleader seemed to be in the 10w range,
> indicating that every warrior etc does not average around 5w.

In my experience, managers have lower technical abilities than the people they manage. They have additional, different skills, which make them useful (except for the managers in Dilbert). Modern managers are not entirely analogous to war leaders, but for a war leader to have a 10W weapon skill and the men he leads to have 5W skill does not seem strange to me.