Re: Clarifying Theistic Magic

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 09:33:38 -0000

> > I always though the 'undead' were those creatures embodied, but
> > unliving,( in RQ terms, unable to recover POW independently). Not
> > entirely sure of a HW definition (but I think one is needed), but
by
> > that definition, having no permanent body, Ghosts are not undead,
> > they're dead. Maybe that's why the penalty though?
> >
> > Wulf
>
> Yeah. It was pushing the boundary in my opinion. But if you think
> about it, a Ghost is a Dead Person who should NOT be here

But not embodies, which is part of my personal definition (hey, I have a ghost as a follower, I don't want her branded undead!).

> since a few of them have a rather powreful shaman as an ally, a few
> of
> them have learned Spirit Combat -- Remember, things like the ghosts
> in
> Rainbow Mounds have to be dealt with by nearly starting Heroes.

Oh, I know...heh heh heh... I know... So do you, Andy, don't you?

(Quick explanation - I combined the mouse god with Rainbow Mounds, and posessed Andrew Graham's Odaylan with a mouse spirit... he still squeaks occasionally, and his Alynx is nervous...)

Wulf