Throwing fat blokes around

From: Steve Dempsey <eg0sum_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 10:49:22 -0000

A couple of points:
  1. I thought augmentation only boosted your target number not your starting APs. I did play it the other way but both the book and Simon Hibbs suggest this is wrong so I reverted to target boosting only.
  2. In my game last night there was a wrestling contest between a PC gladiator and a wrestler for the benefit of some noble Yuthuppans.

The wrestlers were in a ring surrounded by the nobles, one of which was the PC. It was night and the only illumination was from some torches held up behind the nobles' heads providing them with good light but not allowingthe wrestlers to see their faces very well.

Anyway our hero PC threw all his 23 APs into throwing the other dude out of the ring at an enemy noble. He managed the throw (-46 APs to the wrestler down to -17) but got his aim wrong and hit a PC noble.

My question is, how do you rule on the possible damage inflicted on the PC?

I did a one-off contest with an edge of 46 against the PC's best combat ability, dropping her to -17 APs, a badly sprained ankle.

Steve