Re: Re: Clarifying Theistic Magic

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:24:00 +0100

>Yes, but there's an equally big difference between "Here's how
>to use your character's magic" and "Here's one way to use your
>character's magic".

True, but I have at least one player who, as a GM, is very literal, strict-minded, and belligerent. If there was an example, he'd stick to it as gospel. Currently I'm running the game, so it wouldn't affect it too much, but I'm sure he'd still argue with me that I was using an NPC's feat in a way that "wasn't allowed" if the rules said it did X. I recently tried to start a discussion about the relationship between fire and gold, to work out if there could be some way in Glorantha of making gold from fire, and his reply was a curt "Is there a spell to do it? No? Well, you can't then." It is players/refs like this that make me glad that Hero Wars has *no* feat descriptions (except Berserk). It's the only way to break this attitude.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.