Re: Re: Clarifying

From: Sir Ethilrist <stefan.drawert_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:10:22 +0200

Me:
> > So, if he uses his light affinity against the troll, the GM should give
him
> > a bonus or an edge for blinding a creature of darkness? Or does the
ability
> > switch force the troll to change to a better fitting ability, too?

Dave Dunham replies:
> I wouldn't. He'd reduce the troll's APs. The troll *would* have to
> defend against the light magic with something appropriate, and his
> magical defense might well be worse than his other defenses.

Just in case I still do not understand:

In (extended contest) combat, if characters attack each other with normal weapons, like sword and dagger, they could get an advantage via edges, if one weapon is bigger/better crafted/ forged &c...

If this is to be agreed on, why does a character, using a lightfeat to augment his weapon in midcombat vs a troll get the same ability bonus as if he augmented with Greatsword?
does not sound right to me...

stefan, struggling hard