Multiple augments

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:12:42 -0400

> Likewise, using more than one feat from a single affinity to augment the
same ability should, IMO, be frowned upon, if indeed it isn't prohibited by the rules (I don't have them with me).

Maladon, at the end of the scenario in the Narrator's Book, is described as using up to four feats to augment his whip. Three of these come from the same affinity.

> It seems a bit suspect to me, especially as devotees can keep on
making up new feats until the cows come home.

Like any rule abuse, it's up to the narrator to limit it. The obvious check is to allow no further use of the affinity in this way after any failure. I'd also start increasing the improv penalties.

Andrew