Re: Re: Alchemy

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 23:44:46 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 philip.hibbs_at_... wrote:

> >As to Fire being turned into Gold.... I don't know. I think
> >it would be a tough, tough thing. Rituals. Sacrifice. Getting
> >a #3 Gripley AND a sonic screwdriver. Sunlight might work
> >better maybe?
>
> I'm thinking, purge the darkness element from lead, and replace it with
> fire. Bingo! Base metal transmuted to gold. Maybe it would have to be done
> on an element-neutral metal, I don't think bronze has any runic ties.

Urgh. Purge the darkness from lead? Lead is solid darkness (as I feel is obsidian).

Gold is solid skyfire. "Heavy light, sunk deep into the earth..." (From a divination in a friends game)

Bronze is the metal of the young stormgods.

I feel Tin is the metal of Umath. (used traditionally in lightning related enchantments and such). Umath had great strength, but not the resiliense of his sons.

Copper is the metal of the Earth. Copper represents enduranse and resiliense (Constitution for you RQ people)

Orlanth's heritage is both tin and copper (Umath and Kero Fin), so he combines the elemental strenght of tin with the lifeforce and resiliense of copper. Orlanths bones are bronze, like most of the young stormgods.

So bronze's magic is the magic of Orlanth.

        -Adept