RE: Re: Group Extended Contests, Missile Weapons and P ositioning?

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 11:29:20 +0100

> I don't actually have a handy example ready, but there was a
> suggestion here the other day (I think from Roderick?) that AP Loans
> would be one way of doing this, and on reflection this makes a lot of
> sense, even if it is not immediately, intuitively obvious.
I think I will give this one a try as well as shooting into a melee seems to be getting popular in our group.

> Now a couple of questions of my own on this point.
>
> I have a suitable Ranged Combat feat in addition to my ranged combat
> skill. Presumably I can augment my skill using the feat before using
> the enhanced total (and AP's) to lend points to my friends.
> 1) Could I give an Edge instead? (+2 Edge, I roll against 3AP's but
> my friend gets 5?). This sounds a bit powerful to me!
Edge dose not help when lending AP so you are better off increasing your skill.

> 2) I have depleted my Ranged Combat AP's through loaning, but the
> combat is still ongoing. Could I continue to fire, but generating a
> new "pool" of points from my Ranged Combat feat? Presumably I would
> still need to somehow "reset" my AP's to start a new contest? (I
> move position to get a clearer shot on the foe, or I go back to the
> mule and fetch a second quiver of arrows, or some such)
No you only have one set of AP once its gone its gone. You could try for a final action to try and recover some AP if you have a suitable skill. Otherwise you are exhausted or the foe have manuvered so you cannot get a shot etc.

-