Re: Group Extended Contests, Missile Weapons and P ositioning?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:58:47 -0000

Hitting the wrong target is nearly as (UN)popular...

I have two problems someone might want to comment on though:

  1. If the enemy is winning, but has low AP (and so bids low), lending AP to your friends won't be as effective - it might be better attacking the enemy for a Multiple Attacker penalty. More AP will just prolong the contest (but might give some breathing space).
  2. You can't wound the enemy with this rule. Well, you COULD, but it wound be an odd mechanism- "I lend my buddy 12 AP, but I convert 7 AP into a Wound on the bad guy"...
  3. Very odd situation calculating offensive/defensive edges. Who's defensive edge do you use? The bad guy, or the guy you are lending to?

No-one expects the Spanish archery Inquisition...

Wulf