Subject: Threat Levels was Re: (nothing to do with) followers

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:02:33 +0100

> From: " JEFFREY KYER" <jeff.kyer_at_...>
>Subject: Threat Levels was Re: (nothing to do with) followers
>I've been using the Joe
>Cottar-who's-in-the-Fyrd-and-Concerned-about-it at CC/RC 15 and
>Gunnar
>Carl-warrior is 17+. Thrud The Weaponthane is going to be 1w-10w,
>but
>with good equpment. Marvin The Chief's Huscarl is going to be
>nastier -- he and the Champion would probaly be in the 10w-10w2
>range.

I am using a similar scheme, perhaps slightly lower. (My PC clan suffered heavily in the invasion. As a consequence there are few warriors in the 30-50 age band, and more young warriors. Some of the younger weaponthanes aren't quite at mastery level but show promise). The clan ring warrior and clan chief are (just) two mastery in combat. Clan members in the 30-50 age range tend to have one mastery (occasionally more), but the clan is relatively low on clanfolk in that age range (particularly menfolk).

Thom