Subject: Re: Clarifying Theistic Magic

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:42:38 +0100

> From: " JEFFREY KYER" <jeff.kyer_at_...>
>Yeah. It was pushing the boundary in my opinion. But if you think
>about it, a Ghost is a Dead Person who should NOT be here. Which is
>good enough for Humakt -- at least, for me.

I think that Humakti don't have magic to "destroy" ghosts per se, but to sever the link between a disembodied spirit and the mundane world. (I'm not sure they have the same power over "daimones" ... still thinking on that one). I think this fits with their mythic role and with your ruling. This suggests the Humakti magic won't work on the same spirit in the spirit world, or on sprits that are supposed to be their (dryads, wyters, regimental spirits) ...?

Thom