Re: Group Extended Contests, Missile Weapons and P positioning?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:02:29 -0000

> > 3) Very odd situation calculating offensive/defensive edges.
Who's
> > defensive edge do you use? The bad guy, or the guy you are
lending to?
> There are no edges in lending AP. And as you point out you have to
lend at
> least 7 to have a chance to directly affect the enemy

See my parallel thread to this one: what if the enemy has a high antiarchery  defensive edge? Without taking that into consideration, this is unfairly advantaging the archer's side. Take Saturday's game: Fanchon ended up with a ^16! Without a bid of 17+AP (excluding multiples), you couldn't affect her, so how come your AP loan is effective?

Wulf