Re: Group Extended Contests, Missile Weapons and P positioning?

From: Steve Dempsey <eg0sum_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:28:52 -0000

Presumably the character who is lent the APs then has the capability to make larger bids.

I think on the whole, we are barking up the wrong tree. HW combat is much more like the old AD&D version where each attack represents what happens in a minute of combat. APs are about as abstract as THACO and HP. That is why you can't really consider each arrow in Archery. That is why you have to move away from the RQ mindset and go to a much looser, more descriptive way of running fights.

The abstract nature of APs and the fact that they represent different things to different people, even in the same combat, means that rules will have to loose. However examples of how to translate between various forms are always useful and sadly lacking in the rulebooks.

GB Steve