Re: describing mastery; AP loaning

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:01:28 -0000

Going back to town for more arrows would be re-entering the contest, of course, but if htey are still at it when you go back it's likely to be the sort of contest where a few arrowws are unlikel to swing the result...

> > 2a) or would you say that having leant all my AP's in this way I
> > need to do do soemthing completly different now?
>
> If you loan all your AP you are at 0 and unable to act further in
> this contest.

Tricky to describe in this situation though. In the clan moot you can rule that additional interjections do not add any more to the argument (although the player may keep making them anyway "In Character" (...The Narrator demands that Borik Hairybreeks last comments are stricken from the record, and the ring is instructed to ignore them...). Harder to vizualise here though. "I fire another arrow <rolls dice> OK Harnor gets loaned my last 5AP, I'm on 0, what does that mean?" "ummm, You're out of arrows" , "OK I'll go and get some more from the supply wagon" or "OK, Can I pick up the arrows that were fired at us earlier in the contest" or "OK, Now I'll switch to using my Sling/Javelin/Thrown Rock skill and continue to give supporting fire" - Likewise if you say "The combat has become such that you can no longer get a clear shot in at the foe" then the answer "I'll move round to the left to see if I can see another opportunity", or even "OK, So Now I'll draw my sword and advance to join the close combat" are hard to disallow other than by putting your "Rules" hat on and saying "...But you are at 0 AP..."

I'm happy with the rule, just not sure how to implement it in this sort of case...