Re: Trickster rape?

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:11:50 +0100

>>On the subject of trickster rape, it really depends on what you
>>classify as rape - for instance, Uther's deception of Ygraine?
>>Use of love potions or mind control?

Andrew Barton:
>As someone pointed out, the important distinction for gameplay is
>what kinds of rape are sacred to Thed.

No, that's the important distinction for game-world consequences, not game-play. The important distinction for game-play is what may have a psychologically damaging effect on the players of the game.

>My first thought is that deception doesn't count, but mind control
>is direct use of force. Love potions are on the borderline.

I don't see a distinction between the two, except that maybe the potion could be seen as legitimate depending on the source of the power. A Ulerian potion would be in a different moral category than an Eurmali-created one.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.