Re: Re: Lending APs with arrows

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:19:17 +0100

>But you ARE specifying it: "I shoot arrows at the bad guy, loaning
>AP in support fire to my ally". Take an extreme example: support
>fire against a Gorp. Gorp are immune to normal arrows, and incapable
>of perceiving them, but once loaned the AP, your ally can use them
>for a fire Feat to kill the Gorp. Is that fair?

You aren't specifying how the APs are to be used, you're specifying how you are improving the position of your ally. Shooting regular arrows at a gorp isn't going to help your rapidly-dissolving freind, so as a narrator, I'd disallow that as a means of lending APs. If your friend has a "flaming arrow" feat but no bow and arrow, on the other hand, you could fire the arrow and your friend could make it burst into flames. There are at least two ways of converting this into game terms: Archer lends APs and combatant uses feat against gorp, or combatant augments arrow with fire and archer attacks gorp with archery ability.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.