Subject: Re: Lending APs with arrows

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:47:58 +0100

> From: "Wulf Corbett" <wulfc_at_...>
>Yup, and in general I like the AP loan idea for archery. But still,
>what is being represented is annoying, distracting and injuring the
>enemy, thus advantaging your ally. Therefore it's rather irritating
>that there's no mechanism for taking the enemy's attributes into
>account, like solid, arrow-proof armour, lack of wit to be distracted
>(like a zombie or gorp), etc.

Why not factor it in the resistance if you think it is relevant (or as an improv modifier?). Using archery to lend APs to a Gargoyle with might give you -8 (from a -16 edge) to your roll. And/or let the Gargoyle augment the AP resistance with its "Not easily distracted" (I'd probably just factor in a bonus without rolling the augment, though).

Of course a suitably inventive character might not get penalties. For example, an archer bouncing missiles off a cliff onto the Gargoyle might confuse it into thinking it was being attacked from another direction ...

Thom