Unlimited Augmenting & Archery

From: TheCam_at_...
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:30:51 EDT

>> It seems a bit suspect to me, especially as devotees can keep on
>making up new feats until the cows come home.

I think limiting augmentation to one improvised feat would help reign in any rampant augmentation. If a character knows 3 appropriate feats in a particular affinity and has thought up a bunch to improvise, the 3 known feats could be used but only one of the improvised.

>Tricky to describe in this situation though. In the clan moot you
>can rule that additional interjections do not add any more to the
>argument (although the player may keep making them anyway "In
>Character" (...The Narrator demands that Borik Hairybreeks last
>comments are stricken from the record, and the ring is instructed to
>ignore them...). Harder to vizualise here though. "I fire another
>arrow <rolls dice> OK Harnor gets loaned my last 5AP, I'm on 0, what
>does that mean?" "ummm, You're out of arrows" , "OK I'll go and get
>some more from the supply wagon" or "OK, Can I pick up the arrows
>that were fired at us earlier in the contest" or "OK, Now I'll switch

IMHO, running out of arrouws means no more are available. You’ve already picked up any that might have been on the ground. You could get some from another character (the old AP lending bit). Otherwise, I agree with Thom’s views insofar as anything else would be a parting shot.

Camo